About Me

Monday, May 10, 2010

Starbucks Now Has a 'Happy Hour' for Frappucinos

There are so many significant and symbolic events taking place right now! I would like to give each attention and recognition. However, as is usually the case, they all seem to be happening at once, or at least in rapid succession, so the processing, blogging and time dedication I need to talk map out each is nearly impossible at the moment.
After this weekend, the storm will be passing over and I can begin to pick up the pieces of my social life. So stay tuned for posts in the next couple weeks.

Until then, I am deep in the throes of Terrorist Assemblages. For anyone interested in getting a well-rounded and highly deconstructed perspective on the current global political, economic and social shit-storm, I recommend this book above all others. The only caveat is that it is extremely dense (as all great analyses is) and very jargon-heavy. For anyone not familiar with queer theory, post-colonial critique or third world feminism, it may be miserable and impenetrable. But do it anyway.

Or at the very least, read this interview with author Jasbir K. Puar.

After the two days of brutal bike racing and traveling that was my collegiate national cycling experience (six days in Wisconsin total), I am starting to feel normal again. I was able to sleep 14 hours last night and ease in to the day. Right now, I am sitting on prime real estate in Speedy Cunt (my neighborhood coffee shop), slowly doing the last of my undergraduate feminist analyses that will earn me that coveted piece of paper on Thursday evening.

I am the little engine that could. Toot toot.



1 comment:

  1. "Miserable and impenetrable." Like most of my girlfriends.

    SNAP!

    ReplyDelete