About Me

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Say ahhhhh.


As the semester comes to a close and Spring not-so-subtly becomes the dastardly summer, I am finding myself in a familiar situation with an unfamiliar frame of mind. 

In the last week, I have moved out of my house, shacked up in temporary residence, shelled a great deal of my belongings, finished the last of my Art History classes and finally come to terms with the fact that I like riding my bike more than almost anything else in this world. I am standing on the edge of another move Northward, yet this time it's to a place that I know I will enjoy both environmentally and socially. (Big ups to CO). 

There is a timeline- I will be back. I'm not running from what I perceive to be the shortcomings of my hometown. I am instead embracing how much I love Tucson, so much so that I need to leave for a few months to briefly "cut the cord". I am going to enjoy another place, a different atmosphere and a new living situation with full intentions of returning home. I don't expect to find something that's missing inside of me. And that is an awesome feeling. 

***************************

This morning, Kate and I spun out to McCain Loop for an fairly easy 2hr ride. It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful the Tucson Mountains are. We are so blessed to be able to have these roads and hills for which to Play Bikes. Between the beautiful scenery and the comedic performance that is status-quo for rides with Kate, I was totally gellin' (like Magellan??). Not taking those Tequila shots last night was worth it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment